Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Well, we have been crazy a wreck MIA busy lately. I have been up to my eyeballs with work but so emotional I haven't been able to focus on it. Brian's company has been offering overtime lately(something they never do) and has been putting in 65+ hours a week. He had almost 2 months off from work after Savannah died, now we are trying to catch up.

He was supposed to go in tonight but Kiara, Donovan and I asked him to stay home with us (Thurs. and Fri. are his usual days off). Kiara, who hasn't really cried for Savannah since the funeral was really upset last night. She wanted her whole family together right now. Then she was upset because she didn't want Mommy to die before her, she said she would be too sad and that she wanted to die first. I told her I didn't think I could bear losing another child. We snuggled, cried and turned the lights off in her room so we could see the glow-in-the dark stars Savannah wanted on the ceiling (to remind her of Space Mountain).

We decided to spend the evening as a family, we went shopping for pumpkins and EVERYONE was out, we finally found smalls ones at a little local grocery store.
We spent the evening carving the pumpkins. Donovan needed a little help with his but Kiara carved hers all by herself. Lady spent the evening with us too, Kiara asked if she could take her to the store with us and then she sat on the table the whole time and watched.

Brian decided to be sentimental with his pumpkin and carved a princess on his and then wrote a message to Savannah on the back. We are going to take it up to the cemetery tomorrow for her.

Kiara picked out my design, it is supposed to be a mask. Kiara made hers with complete eyebrows, rosy cheeks and a chin. Donovan wanted his to have it's tongue suck out. They were so excited to have Daddy home. It was a great evening.

3 comments:

Marie said...

I'm so glad Brian stayed home to share in that with you!! I'm sorry Kiara has been so upset, tell her I love her for me!

Love to you all,

Me

Megan and Sean said...

Cute pumpkins. Great job Kiara! We love you. Can't wait to spend some time together.

Nicki said...

Those pumkins came out fantastic. Great Job! Ours are only ever painted. I can't take the goo.